Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Memorable Thanksgiving

Can I just say Urgent Care, a fever, and an ear infection. Does that give you a clue how we spent Thanksgiving? It is kind of my own fault. All week Drew has been a little cranky. I just assumed it was him teething because he now has 6 teeth....2 on bottom and 4 on top. Then Wednesday morning, his ears seemed to be bothering him so I gave him ear drops and thought it would pass. Boy was I ever wrong. By 4:45 PM, he had a low fever. I tried to call the doctor but of course they closed early. So I get in touch with the on call nurse and there really isn't much she can do for me. I contemplated whether I should take him to Urgent Care Wednesday but his fever went away later that night. So I thought, oh he will be better in the morning...WRONG! He was cranky and clingy.

Well, Ryan heads to Turkey Bowl with our ward and gets back sore as can be and had a few funny stories which I will not share for his sake and Drew is still not feeling well. We did have a delicious Turkey dinner at my Mom's with all our favorites: 12 layer jello, homemade 3 ball rolls, yams with marshmellows, and delicious turkey! After dinner, Drew decided to only sleep 45 min. for his nap and I checked his ears again and they were really bad. According to earcheck, his one ear was 4 out of 5 for fluid in his ear. Poor baby! So we head over to Pediatric Urgent Care right by our house and are in and out in 1 hour and 20 min. Not bad for a holiday. Yes he had a really bad ear infection.

So to make a really long story short, Saturday night I bought motrin for his pain because the tylenol wasn't working and now he is our happy little boy with a little attitude. His one ear is now 5 out of 5 so hopefully the meds will kick in soon so he can get back to his same cute self without pain killers. I know this was a novel but I needed to write it up so I can remember Drew's first Thanksgiving. It wasn't the best day but for having a really bad ear infection, Drew was actually pretty good. I would probably be a bigger crank than him. I don't tolerate pain. Stay tuned for our Black Friday bliss!

0 comments: