Saturday, February 23, 2008

Survivng Surgery


It's finally over...HALLELUJAH! We finally decided to put tubes in Drew's ears. We feel the chirpractor helped to relieve the pressure but didn't help remove the fluid. That night when Drew saw the Chiropractor was a one night miracle for us. The next night we were back to the "usual" routine. The nice thing about seeing the chiro was he showed Ryan a technique to help release the flluid. The teachnique didn't release the fluid for Drew but sure did help with the pressure. So it was our temporay remedy until the surgery. Drew had tubes put in his ears this morning around 9:15. He was such a good boy for being hungry and wanting to run around everywhere. The actual surgery took a little longer because instead of it being fluid behind his ears there was mucus, more in his right ear than in his left. When he started coming out of it, he was not a happy camper. It took him 5 minutes to open his eyes. When we got home we put Drew down for a nap because he was just grumpy from the anesthesia. He was a sleep within 2 minutes. He should wake up a little happier. Hopefully tonight will be a good night. I can't even remember when Drew slept through the whole night. It has been really hard on me because I wake up when he does and still can't fall back to sleep after Drew's asleep. And when Drew wakes up in the middle of the night, he is usually up for 1.5 to 2 hours. It hasn't been fun. So hopefully tonight will be a good night.


On President's Day, Ryan had the day off so we walked to the park and Drew had his first experience in the swing. He absolutely loved it and was even trying to swing himself. It was so cute and man is he a quick learner. He loves climbing on things and sliding down the slide. He has absolutely no fear whatsoever. He loves to slide down head first. He thinks it is more fun. We are definitely loving this spring weather, except for the days here and there it decides to be really cold, but the weather has been beautiful. 70's all next week. We are really excited for this summer to introduce him to water, pool, and the beach!

7 comments:

Kristin and Jason said...

I hope that he gets back into his old sleep pattern. I hope all goes well. He looks so cute in the swings!!

sara said...

Yea for Drew! I bet he'll be feeling so much better from now on. Thank goodness for modern medicine :)

Our Family said...

its so hard not to function on no sleep!

Farr Family said...

We are glad the surgery went well! Now Drew can get back on track. We love you!!

the DeCampos Family said...

I'm glad that he is feeling better. Hope his sleep is back to normal. Sick babies are not fun at all

Unknown said...

Glad everything went ok! He looks like he loves the swing. He might not be able to wait till Christmas to get a swingset.

Sankat said...

This is Stuart McMullen's wife. He gave me your blogspot. I just wanted to say that our oldest son got tubes 2 times. They are wonderful! I could tell such a difference. My little boy was so much happier!! He has since outgrown the need. I am glad he is doing well!!

PS email Stuart at covalt100@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to our blog.
-Kat