Monday, February 4, 2008

This ones for Sara

I have been meaning to type this post for a couple of weeks now but waiting for the big 20 which never happened but I am OK with that. Two words: Weight Watchers! I love them. I have been struggling since May to lose my baby weight and couldn't do it. I would go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and watch what I ate but I only lost 3 pounds in 6 months. It was very frustrating. It was even harder when I surprising was pregnant and then had my miscarriage. Now I know why I couldn't lose the weight during the summer but by October I felt it was enough. I hated reading my friend Sara's blog and her telling how she lost another 2 or 3 pounds and she is a skinny toothpick. What really pushed me over the edge was when 2 or 3 people came up to me in a weeks period of time and asked me again when my due date was, they hadn't heard I miscarried. What I love about WW is I could still eat everything I used to eat but just had to limit myself. I also loved to go and workout because then I got extra points and man did those come in handy so many days! So I was hoping to lose 20 pounds in the 3 months that I did Weight Watchers but I was 1 pound shy, but I was pretty proud of myself. I am trying really hard to keep at my weight but I wasn't good this past weekend. I would love to lose another 15 pounds but I am just happy to have the baby weight off and fit in my old pair of jeans I couldn't even fit into in my first trimester. Anyways, thanks Sara...I will now be joining WW every time I have a baby and when I am finished having kids, I am going to get back to my weight when I was married!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds like a plan I need. I didn't even know about the pregnancy/miscarriage. Sorry to hear about that. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm sure you look fabulous.

Farr Family said...

You do look great!! Good job on all your hard work. I hate trying to lose weight. I never weigh myself. Your better than me! Thanks again for watching our little man! I owe ya!

Our Family said...

That is great! Keep it up!

Kate said...

Congrats! Both of my sisters are big WW advocates, but I've never really needed it... until NOW. The weight just isn't coming off after this 3rd baby. I may have to give it a try. You're an inspiration. :)

sara said...

Yea Amy!! I'm so glad you like WW; it's really pretty easy to stick to once you commit to it. I need to get back on it myself; having packed on a few holiday pounds again :)

Come to the stake party this Saturday so I can check out the newly skinny Amy!! :)

the DeCampos Family said...

Go amy, it's your birthday. Congrats on the loss. No wonder I didn't recognize you when you came to moms. I was like who's that hot skinny mama

Sheila said...

Yeah Amy! I love WW also. I was really sucessful at if before I got married. I lost like 40 pounds! It is a great program. I just need to get remotivated now after babies. I have lost 15 in the past few weeks but, I have been off/on again! We will have to swap recipes and tips! Keep up the great work! I will email you later about my ped. - he is great!