Thursday, October 9, 2008

She's Here!


Kylee Sharon finally made her debut at 1:45 PM. I really can't complain, it was an easy delivery. I stayed at a 7 for a while so at 12:30, the nurse gave me a little petocin to speed up the process. At 1:30ish, the doctor was watching my progress and saw "something on the monitor" and checked me again and I was ready. I pushed 3 times and was only in the pushing position for no more than 5 minutes before she came out. Ryan got to cut the cord and I held her and fell in love immediately. After 30 minutes, I nursed her and boy is she a good nurser! She latched on immediately and ate for 30 minutes...quite the opposite of Drew. The only unpleasant experience I had was throwing up a few times but once I got some medicine, I felt much better. I had the best nurse again and love Banner Gateway Hospital. I think they truly have the best nurses around. Anyway, we are loving our little girl and can't wait for her to meet her big brother!
This isn't the best picture because I brought the camcorder cable for downloading pictures and not the camera one. So tomorrow I will have better pictures.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

YEHHHHHH!!!! I am so excited for you. Kylee is so cute and I have to admit that that is one of my favorite names. I can't wait to see more pictures. I guess I better get that baby gift that is sitting on my shelf mailed off to you. I'm so glad that everything went so well.

the DeCampos Family said...

She is so beautiful. I love her already. Glad things went well and I promise to limit my visits from now on. Can't wait for Drew to meet her, he's in for a BIG surprise! Love ya

Kate said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She's so tiny and new and darling. I think she has your complexion (but what can I tell from that picture?)! I am so excited for you. Glad everything went okay... even though she did not wait for your doctor to come back in town! Kylee is a cute cute name. How fun!!!!

Kelly said...

What a sweet baby! Thanks for letting me hold her! I am sooo jealous of the red hair!

sara said...

So pretty! Her head looks like such a nice shape; her hair is so pretty; her face is so pretty! I'm so glad the delivery went well and that you have your sweet little girl! It will be so fun to see more pictures of her, but only after you've gotten a good night's sleep :)