I know I have been horrible with my posts. I really try to post one every week but lately it has just been a little crazy. Last weekend we had 3 showings for our house. We had another one yesterday and hope we have more on Saturday. I am a perfectionist and have to have my house look spotless each time so I cleaned my house twice last weekend, two showings were back to back. We just keep crossing our fingers that we get an offer. I really am not too stressed about it. I haven't found a house that I like yet, so once I do, then I will be stressing. I really want to stay in our area and keep our same ward so maybe if I am patient, something will open up.

So what have we been up to the last 2 weeks??? Well, last week was just crazy with house stuff, nothing much, oh ya...my little girl turned 6 months!!! Wow, she is growing so fast. I was actually really anxious to go to the doctors and throw all my questions at him. I think he was a little more prepared this time, except for the whole leg issue. I'll get back to that one. Kylee weighs just under 13 pounds and is in the 25% and is in the 80% for height. She is doing really well in the growing department. As for her eating, she can only handle oatmeal, not rice, and veges seem to be fine, I've only tried 2 so far. Fruit is a no no but I think she can't handle citric acid and every store bought fruit in the baby food has some kind of acid put in it. So I bought a little puree thingy at Target and am going to try that with bananas and apple sauce. If she handles that then I know it is the added acid she can't handle. The doctor thinks she can't break down protein and it is just a development thing that she will grow out of. I hope it happens fast.

Ok, Back to the leg issue. Kylee still can't sit on her own and at the time of her appointment couldn't really do it with my help. She only uses her right leg while in the jumperoo and she wouldn't stand when you try to stand her in your lap. The doctor was really puzzled by this and after analyzing her for a while, he thinks it is just a delay and it too will come. She has really good back muscles but she just doesn't like to use her left leg for some weird reason, and therefore doesn't have the balance down. So I have been working with her and now she can sit with my help and jumps with both legs half the time. Hopefully she catches up by next month or we go and see a specialist. Whew...that was long, but it was a long appointment. Poor doctor, probably hates seeing me because he knows my kids have so many issues. Yah, I am thinking only one more for us. My kids have such issues the first 1 1/2 years of their lives!!!

Then this week we got some kind of flu bug. There was a lot of puking on Tuesday from both my kids. Kylee was the worst and I put her on Pedialite on Wednesday. Drew's flu only lasted a day or 2 but Kylee still has it as of this morning. Neither had a fever so its hard to say if it is gone. I went to the store to get some more pedialite and looked at the ingredients and it has citric acid...no wonder she kept puking and seemed to have a stomach ache yesterday. So, needless to say, I didn't buy it and have continued to feed her only milk but a little at a time. So hopefully the puking is gone. Then Drew has decided that 5:30 is a great time to get up every morning for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes I have to get him to go back to sleep at 4:30. I swear, I don't get any sleep anymore these days. But he takes great naps that last 2 1/2 to 3 hours! I would rather he sleep in and take shorter naps. I am not a morning person! Anyways, so now you know why I haven't been updating more frequently. Between waking up between 5 and 6 AM and tutoring every day, I am so tired by the time the kids go to bed. I tell Ryan, I am lucky to get dressed in the morning. So we are ordering take out tonight and watching Twilight and going to bed early...sounds so good to me!


5 comments:
Hope you enjoyed Twilight and your take out, I am hoping I get take out!!!
Sounds like you have been pretty busy! Sick kids is the worst! Mine all passed something around a week ago and now they are starting all over! The joys of parenting!
I have heard a couple people say lately that blogs are unreal because they only show the good stuff happening in your life. I appreciate seeing what's going on, even when its not all good. Thanks for keeping it real.
Wow, I would say you have quite the last couple of weeks. It took Emily a long time to sit by herself too. I thought there was something wrong but I started to have her sit with one of those nursing pillows and she starting getting stronger and it wasn't to long after that she started to sit up all by herself. now we just have to get her walking and grow some teeth.
i can't believe she's getting sooo strong!!! you're so patient...i'm in patient!!! did i tell you we're going overseas next month? woohoo for 20+ hours of flying - at least the longest leg of the trip is 14 hours non-stop...did i mention fox is my "lap child"?! *dies*
Post a Comment