Yes, we are at the 15th month mark now and counting the days till Kylee is 18 months because then she will be in nursery at church!!! Kylee had her check up on Monday and was still 18.5 pounds (3%) and is just about 31 in tall (65%). So she is tall and skinny. I think she will surpass her brother in the height department by the time she is 2! The doctor wasn't too concerned about her weight because she has been sick with an ear infection and teething like crazy but he was concerned about her pooping issues. She poops seriously 6 to 7 times a day and at least half of those are acidy/diarrhea. The poor girl always has a diaper rash. Well, the pooping is a concern because Kylee doesn't like fruit and I have given up on baby food. So the only reason she could be pooping so much would be her milk. Now, that is a whole other issue. She loved her bottles and had no problem drinking 6 to 8 oz in 10 min. but since switching to whole milk and a sippy cup, I am lucky to get her to drink 9 oz a day. Now, that is a concern. So now the experiment begins. As of Monday, Kylee has been on soy milk, actually to be technical, vanilla soy!! I was a little worried at first because this girl can be picky in new things, but man does she love that vanilla soy.
She now drinks about 16 to 18 oz a day! And I have noticed such a change in her. She has been so much happier this week and has half as many dirty diapers as before. What a blessing. Poor girl probably had tummy aches while drinking whole milk. Now if only I can get more than an hour and 45 min nap out of her, I will be in heaven! I am also happy to report that we have another fruit to add to the menu, raisins! One of these days she will hopefully like more, but I am just happy I have 3 to choose from rather than just apple sauce.
Kylee still loves to try to keep up with Drew and has to do everything he is doing. She is starting to understand the riding toys we have and will climb on them and then scream for you to push her. She doesn't quite get the whole "use your own legs to make it go" yet. So hopefully at our next appointment we will finally surpass the 20 pound mark and finally have all 4 molars in place.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Kylee's 15 Months!
Posted by Amy at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Do most kids sleep longer than that? Kaitlyn usually only sleeps about an hour and a half to 2 hours. Although I just heard that a friend of mine's little girl who is a couple of months older than Kaitlyn takes a 5 hour nap every day!!
Post a Comment