So the other day I was in the Den reading some emails and not paying attention to Drew. He loves his freedom and would rather explore the house than play with toys. Everything that would either break or make a mess I have relocated so he can't get into trouble. On this particular day, Drew was a little quiet, too quiet, so
I went to go and see what he was doing. He was still in the family room sitting on the floor playing and as I took a few more steps, I noticed he was playing with what looked like to be spit up and then I took a few more steps and realized what he was playing in.....Bag Balm. Oh my gosh, I started to laugh so hard. He just looked at me with this face like please don't be mad. I couldn't stop laughing and thought I need to take a picture to show Ryan. Now for those of you who don't know what Bag Balm is and have a baby, you are crazy. This stuff is the best diaper cream in the universe. Thanks to my sister-in-law Karen who told me about it,
Bag Balm works way better than Butt Paste or any other baby product out there and it has been around for ages. I call it the miracle cream because Drew will have a really bad diaper rash, and I put Bag Balm on it and it is gone in a day or two. The other stuff would take a week. The cheapest place to buy it is at Target but you have to ask for it in the Pharmacy. Don't ask me why it is behind the counter. Anyways, it has the consistency of petroleum jelly and was quite fun to clean up. The good that came out of this is Drew kept it mostly on him and the container than on the rug! Don't ask me how he got the container lid off, that is a mystery!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
How Did that Happen??!!
Posted by Amy at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That's so funny... but what a hassle to clean up!! I discovered Bag Balm this summer as a PERFECT solution to the chafed legs and tummies my boys were getting at the beach. Apparently surfers use it too.
Q's two brothers-in-law also know about it... One who grew up with horses and lots of other animals said his parents use it for everything (dry hands, etc.), and the other grew up on a dairy farm and knows all about its original use, for cow udders.
Anyway, love the pictures!!!
Yah, I know the original use is for animals, but man it is awesome on humans. I just thought I might gross someone out if I stated that in my post.
that is great- yeah tht is same as Jonathan- he would rather roam the house then play with toys
Hey- i tried to go to that website that you sent me- and no such luck!
Oh no. I hate when they do that. This morning I was watching BB, good drama, and the girls got into my wallet and pulled everything out. But at least isn't want sticky!!!!
Carter did the same think a few months ago. I think the lid comes off very easily. It definetely is a mess to clean up. It is so greasy! Carter kept shoving it in his mouth. Did Drew??
I don't think Drew got any in his mouth and if he did, it was just a little. When Drew gets into things, he likes to squish and smash it in his hands, then put in mouth. I think I caught him just in time.
That is too funny! Hopefully Drew doesn't teach Dallin that trick. He is getting so big- almost 9 months!
Post a Comment