The reason we have been really busy is we headed up to Utah the day after Christmas. It was crazy trying to get all of us packed and fit all our junk in the car. We miss our van, for only a split second. It is only when we travel when we wish we had a bigger car. One day, we will get one! So, I wasn't sure how the car ride up would be so I packed everything I could think of to entertain Drew. We had our portable DVD player with all kinds of DVD's, tons of food and milk, toys, his favorite stuffed animal---Mr. Puppy, and CD's that played kid songs. Drew did so good in the car, I was amazed. Besides the food, he was entertained with the portable DVD player. He really didn't even sleep much, maybe 1.5 hours total out of the 9.5 hour drive. I was so proud of him. The car ride home, he did just as well. Thank heavens for portable DVD players! Drew had fun seeing his Grandma and Grandpa and all his cousins on Ryan's side. All of them are quite older than him so it was quite the change for him (my side they are all under 4). Click on the pictures to see Drew's cute smile and funny faces!
It was so cold in Utah, I can't believe I lived there for a year. It snowed half the days we were there. The lows were in the teens and the highs in the 20's and low 30's....brrr! We did take Drew sledding and he wasn't quite sure of it. He was fine in Daddy's arms but didn't like walking or touching the snow. He did like being pushed in the sled but the second he lost his balance, his mitten fell off and his hand was buried in the snow. It was then screams and tears. He didn't like being cold.


So now we are home and taking down Christmas and rearraning our house once again. Ryan got me or shall I say I got myself a buffet table and it is a little bit too big for our front room so I had to rearrange the furniture. One day we will be able to buy a bigger house to fit all the furniture how I want it. For now, I will make do. Drew missed his toys and and his freedom to do whatever. We missed Arizona weather or I missed AZ weather...today it was in the high 60's and tomorrow it is suppose to be 71. Now that is perfect winter weather if I must say so! Now we are staying busy because next weekend is the Super Cross for Ryan and Primary Activity Day for Amy and the weekend after that is my sister's wedding. We will be able to rest once the wedding is over!
Drew loves all his toys and finds interesting ways of playing with them!








7 comments:
Drew looks like he loves the snow. Glad you guys are back!!! We missed you on New year's!
I love how you aren't in one of the pictures. You are a nerd. Looks really cold there. But nevertheless a lot of fun. Glad he was a good boy for you in the car. And I am mad that you ended up with the lottery tickets....
I agree about the AZ weather. I was so glad to get home from cold cold NY. Drew is a doll!
Very pretty new blue on the blog! I think it's great to see some snow occasionally and we make sure the kids see a little bit every winter, but I surely don't miss living in it! Having to scrape it off the car, frozen car doorlocks, sliding around on the road... so basically I'd probably be okay if I never had to deal with a car in the snow :) But I definitely prefer the good ol' Valley :)
Hooray for cute Drew! :)
BRRRRRRRR Cold!! I'm with Drew that is too cold for me. Looks like you guys had fun. Glad you made it back!
sooo cute! drew gets bigger and bigger everyday! i bet he enjoyed the snow! a week and half...bet you cant wait for it to be over :)
I miss the snow, I've lived in arizona now for almost 7 years. I saw some snow in flagstaff though. Ryan, give me a call anytime. You know the #. let me know your email address too so I can send you a link to my family site.
Post a Comment