This past week has been a tough one for our family but we are finally get past it and looking to the bright future. Friday night and Saturday were really tough. Gizmo is a total snorer and it was so quiet sleeping Friday. Neither one of us got much sleep. Then Saturday we had a lot of firsts that we normally do with Giz that we had get past. We were finally getting closure Saturday night and then we told Drew Giz had to go bye bye and he got upset. All day Sunday, he was looking for Giz and whining. He wouldn't even go to nursery, which was a first and completely out of character for Drew. When Drew got up from his nap, he was so whiney and asking for Giz, I just broke down in tears. Ryan was at church doing tithing settlement so I was home by myself which made it even harder. That night, we took my parent's dog, Sundae, home with us and it helped. Drew has excepted the fact that Gizmo is in heaven and won't be back. On Monday, I asked Ryan to take the day off. I didn't want to be home by myself quite yet. That night we buried Gizmo in my parent's backyard. He had been stored in our big freezer that happened to be empty thank goodness until we knew what to do with him. We are so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends. We really felt your prayers this week and appreciate the flowers, text messages, emails, and just your love and support. It truly has felt like we lost our child but we are finally moving on. It's still hard especially all the little things you forget about like dropping ice from the dispenser that Giz would eat, him coming and laying down next to me during nap time, eating up Drew's crumbs and food he would drop, and getting the mail with us everyday, but we know we will see him again some day! Now, we are looking for another dog for Drew to tease and hug. No dog will ever take the place of Giz but will help fill the void. Hopefully our next dog can be just as great as Gizmo!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh good. I hope you find a new one soon and that your household starts to feel a little more normal!
im so sorry. he was so cute. i will keep your family in my prayers
Oh I am so sorry. Gizmo was so cute!! I am glad that you guys are doing better and hope that you can find a good dog for Drew.
Post a Comment