
Wow, can you believe that Drew is already 2?! I can't. My little rascal is growing up way too fast. We are so blessed to have Drew in our family. Some days are better than others, but you know what, I wouldn't trade him for anything. I don't know what I would do without him.
So at 2 he has become quite the climber and will get into everything...whether it be on the floor, entertainment center, or counter. He will take his tractor and push it to where he wants to climb and stand on the wheel and climb up. It is horrible. He thinks it is the best thing yet he has figured out.

He is finally starting to eat more foods other than chicken nuggets and hotdogs, THANKGOODNESS! I hope he continues to try new foods and like them. He is finally starting to talk using more words, which I am glad to see and saying more phrases...YAY. I was getting a little worried. I can't wait till he starts saying sentences. Also, he is now in a toddler bed. He transitioned pretty well and really hasn't had any problems. He sleeps better now than he did just before I made the switch. He is all about his freedom. Drew is definitely a total boy and loves to play in the mud, dirt, and rocks. I seriously can't keep his clothes clean. But I can't deny him his favorite place to play: the backyard. He loves to be outside. He loves anything that has to do with cars and loves to ride on any ride-on toy.

Funny/Scary Story (depending on how you look at it). The day after we lost Gizmo, we were at my mom's house putting in some laminate flooring for her. I let Drew outside in the backyard to play and was watching him. I decided to check my email, so I checked the gate and it was closed so I went inside on the computer. Seriously 2 minutes later I checked on him and he is no where to be found and the gate was wide open. I go in the front yard and can't find him. I start freaking out. We had just lost Giz and now I was picturing Drew getting hit by a car. I scream for Ryan to help and we search the neighborhood. I finally found him 3 streets down riding one of the cars my mom has in her backyard, down the walk way of someone's house. He was in heaven, just riding around in this new found freedom. I picked him up and just bawled. I didn't even spank him, I just hugged him tight. I was just so grateful nothing bad happened to him. Yes, that is my little rascal.

Even though he tries my patience, he is the sweetest boy. He gives the best hugs and kisses and loves to blow kisses. He has the cutest wave and I love how he says bye. He is also a great brother to Kylee. He is very concerned if she is crying and loves to help me give her a bath. He likes to help in everything! What a cutie. Today we took Drew to Chick-fil-A for lunch. It is one of his favorite places to play and I like it because it is so clean. They gave him a free ice cream with chocolate and strawberries on top and he ate it all. He gets his cake tomorrow! Happy Birthday Du!

I wrote this post yesterday and saved it because I wanted to take a few pictures of Drew to add to my post. I then forgot to publish it!






6 comments:
Go Drew!!
You´re the pride of your brazilian uncle...lol.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Congratulations on everything, Amy, Ryan, Drew and Kylee!
Love you guys!
Ricky!
It is crazy how fast they grow! I think that I would have reacted the samw way you did! Happy Birthday Drew! We are excited to see you guys soon and met Kylee, let me know when you guys will be here!
Happy Birthday Drew!!! I can't believe you are already 2. Wait, that means mine is turning 2 soon. Ahhhh! I would have been totally freaking out about the whole getting out of the backyard story. I've lost Austin before and I just remember feeling helpless and sick. (In my case he was just hiding in a closet for about 20 minutes. But he was about Drew's age at the time.) It was fun to look at all the different picutres of him. He is so cute.
Happy Birthday Drew! They grow up so fast!
cute amy! i cant believe he is 2!
ok, offically cutest little post i've read this week! and NO i can't believe drew is TWO!!! when did this happen?!!!!
and how many emotions you must have felt to not find drew right away and then a few streets down the way. i'm so sorry amy!!!
Post a Comment