Thursday, July 15, 2010

100% Big Boy


Well we finally mastered potty training completely for Drew. He has been potty trained except for at night for over a year now. In April, I thought he was just about there and then he regressed in May. It was very frustrating for me because some nights he would be dry and others not. Then all of a sudden he was wet every night. So, the mean mom that I am, I made him go back to diapers instead of pull ups. We did this for 2 weeks and even though he hated wearing diapers and cried when I would put them on, he didn't care if he wet in them during the night. I was beyond frustrated at this point and decided to go back to pull ups. I had a few Toy Story ones left and I told Drew that Woody and Buzz don't want pee on them. I have told him this before but this time around he had been watching the movie a lot and loved Woody and Buzz so I think he understood it better. Well, that was the trick. He woke up dry for a whole week and then we switched to underwear and has had no accidents. He has been dry for over a month now. I am so proud of him. He even used to do little pees in his underwear during the day because he would wait too long to go to the bathroom and we no longer have that problem.

I seriously took 10 pictures before Drew would look at the camera for me. He must have been in a silly mood that morning.




Drew is growing up and becoming such a great boy. He gave his first talk in Primary a few months ago and did an awesome job. We only practiced one time just before church and he was so excited to say it in Primary. He had no fear saying it in front of everyone. I think he loved the attention. He got so many compliments, I was a proud Mom. Last Sunday he gave the prayer and did great job with Daddy's help. He is such a good, big brother and loves giving the baby hugs and kisses. He still hopes it is a brother, and Kylee hopes it is a sister, but I don't think she understands. She just can't wait to hold it. She loves babies, but I think she will be a little jealous at first. Hopefully not as bad as Drew. I just love my kids!

4 comments:

sara said...

Yay about the potty training! That's so funny; you never know what will finally do the trick :) And I canNOT believe he's old enough to be giving primary talks; wow!

Mel said...

Best day ever when they are dry through the night! Good job Drew!

Kelly said...

Hooray! One less diaper to worry about! I really hate potty training...just one and a half to go.

Farr Family said...

Good job Drew!!! We are proud of you!