Thursday, January 31, 2013

Christmas 2012

 Christmas was a lot of fun this year. We started out the Christmas season with our annual Christensen Gingerbread Houses. The kids loved putting all the candy they wanted on the houses, plus eating lots too. It was quite the sugar rush.

 On Christmas Eve we went to my parent's house for dinner. After dinner was the annual devotional, gift exchange, and walking our favorite cul-de-sac in Chandler. Just helps bring out the true meaning of Christmas and sets the right tone. Then we came back for dessert. We headed home and put the kids to bed so we could set up for Christmas morning. It was another low-key Christmas this year, but I love it that way. There wasn't any big gift to give the kids this year so we got a new TV for the family room. Everyone got a new sword so we could have a friendly sword fight. I think that was the highlight of Christmas morning.





 I had to include this picture because I absolutely LOVE Bryce's face. I am so glad I remembered to get the camera out. I am horrible at taking pictures. Ryan at least remembered and took a picture of each kid.


 Drew got lots of Mario and Angry Birds stuff. He is opening his Cars art pack. I love where he is keeping his sword in this picture!

 Kylee got really spoiled this year with Cinderella dolls and Lalaloopsy dolls. She also got her Dream Lite that she has been begging for a while now.


 Bryce was so excited to get swords for Christmas. He really didn't care too much about anything else. He loves his new Jeep he got and is all over the backyard in it.



 This year we got extra spoiled by some sweet neighbors. They left each child some toys to open up on our doorstep and made the kids feel so special. They gave Drew a flying helicopter that Ryan has to operate and that was probably his favorite present. What a wonderful Christmas we had. I was so happy my kids were happy. It was nice to spend the whole day as a family.

0 comments: